XLVII National CW Contest
Sponsored by: Unión de Radioaficionados Españoles (URE).
To participate in this contest, the specific bases of the competition must be complied with, as well as the General Regulation of URE Competitions.
Participants: Any EA and CEPT licensed station transmitting from EA (all districts, example EA1/W1XXX).
Dates: 3rd full weekend of July (21-22, 2018), from 1400 UTC Saturday till 2300 UTC Saturday and from 0600UTC till 1359UTC Sunday).
Bands: 10, 15, 20, 40 and 80 meters, in the segments recommended by the IARU for this mode.
1. Single Operator All band EA, High Power (SINGLE-OP ALL HIGH).
2. Single Operator All band EA Low Power (SINGLE-OP ALL LOW).
3. Single Operator All band EA QRP (SINGLE-OP ALL QRP).
4. Single Operator Single Band EA. (SINGLE-10 15 20 40 or 80).
5. Multi Operator EA, Multiband only (MULTI-MULTI ALL).
a. High power ( Max. 1000 watts), Low power ( max. 100 watts ) and QRP (max. 5 watts).
b. The use of clusters is permitted in all categories. Self spotting, asking others to spot you, undercover spots or any spots from multioperator team members, will result in disqualification.
c. In the Single Operator categories, only one transmitted signal on the air is permitted at any time.
d. In the Single Operator categories, QSOs may be made on other bands but the operator can only opt for an award on one band. The callsign must appear in a minimum of 5 lists.
e. In the Multi operator categories, only one transmitted signal per band at any one time is permitted. All transmitters, receivers, and antennas must be within a radius of 500m.
f. Only one callsign is allowed to be used for the duration of the contest.
Valid Contacts: Contacts may be made with any station anywhere in EA-EA6-EA8-EA9.
Stations may be contacted only once per band. A valid qso will be in 10 lists.
Exchange: RST plus the provincial abbreviation. EA4URE will send RST and “HQ”.
Rating: One point for each valid QSO.
– Each province (51) minus your own province, once per band.
– Each District minus your own (8) once per band
– Official Station EA4URE (HQ) once per band (5).
The total score will be the sum of valid QSOs multiplied by the sum of multipliers.
Trophies and Awards:
– Trophy and paper Award to the Champion in each category.
– Award for champions of each district in the categories SOAB HP, LP and QRP, unless a district champion opts for another award.
– Special Award on paper for Champions of each district in each category.
– Paper Participation Award to:
For the top 15 in SOAB HP
For the top 10 in SOAB LP
For the top 5 in SOAB QRP
For the top 5 in SOSB
For the top 3 in MM
– PDF Award downloadable from the web to all participants with at least 100 valid QSOs in SOAB and 50 in SOSB
– PDF Award downloadable from the web to all participants in Multioperator stations.
– All Awards will be endorsable accreditations year.
– Special Award to the provinces with low or no activity in the previous edition (2017) in all contest Categories. In the 2018 edition provinces are: LO, OU, SA, SG, SO, ZA, VI, Z, CR, GU, CE & ML.
(Not eligible for this award other category winners. The organization reserves the right to give award or trophies depending on the quality of the operating.)
EA Special Prize: The winners in the categories SOAB and MM will get the opportunity to operate in the 2019 edition, the Multiplier and HQ station of URE “EA4URE” located in Avda. Monte Igueldo 102 – Madrid.
-All endorsable Awards, accreditations year.
* Special Paper Award to fidelity: For the OM who participated and sent the lists, according to the rules, for 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 years with a minimum of 50 valid for contest QSOs.
Disclaimer: All list that breach any of paragraphs (including lists prepared) will not count as participation in that year for the purposes of this Award.
Note: To qualify for accreditation, it is obligatory to have the minimum required for QSO Award, as well as meet the rules in all sections, including the date of receipt of lists.
Logs: All logs must be submitted electronically in cabrillo format.
Log sending instructions: The log-file is to be submitted in Cabrillo-format via http://concursos.ure.es/en/logs/
The receipt of the log will be automatically confirmed by an email with a message of possible errors in the log. You will receive your UBN-file by email.
Submitted logs will form part of the GDURE (URE logbook, used for automatic award validation purposes).
Problems with submitting your log on the web page? Please contact HF Contest Committee email@example.com
Logs must be received by 6 August 2018 (15 days). Any logs submitted after that date will not be valid. Any logs submitted after that date will be used as a checklog.
Your comments and anecdotes will be welcome.
Submitting an entry to this contest implies full acceptance of the rules, and the following decisions taken by the organising committee, accepted and authorised by URE:
All logs submitted can be made fully public (Radioaficionados magazine and URE website), in order to be checked and to verify contacts between participants.
Photos of participation in the contest which are submitted can be used for publication in the Radioaficionados magazine and the URE website.
Results are made public in the Radioaficionados magazine and on the URE website, diplomas being available for downloading on the website.
If deemed necessary, information may be requested to other organisations outside URE, with the aim of pursuing unsportsmanlike conduct.
When any unsportsmanlike conduct is detected, the organising committee will take the most appropriate action in each case.
Questions relating to contest rules and other matters can by sent by email to the organising committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
EA1: AV, BU, C, LE, LO, LU, O, OU, P, PO, S, SA, SG, SO, VA, ZA
EA2: BI, HU, NA, SS, TE, VI, Z
EA3: B, GI, L, T
EA4: BA, CC, CR, CU, GU, M, TO
EA5: A, AB, CS, MU, V
EA7: AL, CA, CO, GR, H, J, MA, SE
EA8: GC, TF
EA9: CE, ML
NOTE: This contest is part of the Annual HF Championship organized by URE. This contest only accounted for EA stations.
All participants are recommended to work at a reasonable rate to encourage newcomers to CW and contests, from URE HF Contest Committee we ask you to not work above 25 wpm and to QRS when when called by a station at a speed considerably lower than ours.
From the HF Contest Committee we encourage those who are new to the CW to participate in the competition with the commitment of all participants to adapt their speed.
Example of a Cabrillo:
CLUB: EACC CONTEST CLUB
CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP ALL HIGH
NAME: JUAN JUAN
ADDRESS: SAN JUAN 37
ADDRESS: JUAN, 05000
CREATED-BY: N1MM Logger+ 1.0.4798.0
QSO: 14002 CW 2015-03-15 0840 EA0XXX 599 MU WX0XXX 599 128
QSO: 7003 CW 2015-03-15 1227 EA0XXX 599 MU EA1XXX 599 C